Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Announcing.... A #Wonderchat on Twitter


Twitter has been an incredible professional tool for me.  I have used it as a resource to enrich my teaching, learn about using technology in my classroom and learn about professional and student resources.  One resource that I found on Twitter was Wonderopolis.org.  I came across Wonderopolis last summer and began using it in my 2nd grade classroom this past fall.  I have found it to be an awesome addition to my classroom.  There are so many valuable ways to use it in any setting with children.  I have read many Tweets about others using Wonderopolis in their classrooms and have read some incredible blogs about its uses.  So.... I think it would be great to bring other educators together who are using Wonderopolis and Wondering to facilitate learning and have an hour long chat about it.

The first hour long chat will take place on Monday, March 5th at 8:00 pm EST.  The first topic will be, how do you facilitate learning using Wonderopolis?  Please use the hashtag #Wonderchat

If there is enough interest, I would like to continue the #Wonderchat monthly.  It would take place on the 1st Monday of each month.  Here are some ideas I have for future Twitter Chats and would love to hear other ideas you may have.
  • Nonfiction books that help facilitate Wonder?
  • Picture books that help facilitate Wonder?
  • How does Wonderopolis and Wonder fit into the new Common Core Standards?
  • How do you nurture a Wondering environment and still cover everything?
  • How does Wonderopolis and Wondering tie into all content areas?
  • How do you nurture an environment for Wonder in your classroom?
I look forward to chatting about facilitating learning using Wonderopolis this Monday, March 5th at 8:00 pm EST.

No comments:

Post a Comment